Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tell me more, tell me more!


Amy over at Step into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons is hosting a Linky Party called "Tell me more, tell me more!" I can't get "Summer Lovin'" from Grease out of my head now... thanks Amy!! It is one of my FAVORITE movies. I was even in the play my senior year of high school.

I had to steal Hadar's idea for this awesome linky!
Here are The ABCs of me:

A- Age: 
25

B-Bed size: Queen

C-Chore you hate: Dishes and folding clothes


D-Dogs: I have a MORKIE (Maltese and Yorkie Mix). Her name is Jordie.


E-Essential to start your day: Something cold to drink. Don't really have a preference, it just has to be cold! (Coffee/ Diet Mt. Dew comes later in the day)

F-Favorite color: PINK!

G-Gold or silver: Silver

H-Height: 5'7

I-Instruments you play: Haha... does my keyboard on my computer count... or my iphone? 

J-Job title: Healthcare Professional turned Elementary Education student ;)

K-kids: I would love to have at least 2 since I am an only child... but only in God's timing. I don't feel that it would be feasible at this point in our marriage since I am back in school and hubby is in the process of gaining his HVAC and Journeyman electrician's license

L-Live: Alabama. I would LOVE to move elsewhere though. Maybe Florida, Georgia, or California?? Its just time for a change.

M-Milk? I only drink milk in my cereal. And I prefer 1%. Every now and then I will have some chocolate milk but that is about once yearly.

N- Nicknames: Ahhh.. I have lots! My coworkers and some friends call me Jess. My high school friends call me Rig (Maiden name is Hazelrig). My hubby calls me "Poo".

O-Overnight hospital stay: None! Praise God! Although I spend 36 hrs weekly in the ER... working :(

P-Pet peeves:  Smacking when eating. People touching my feet. People saying "G-D" or God's name in vain period. 

Q-Quote from a movie: 
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get" Forrest Gump


R-Right/lefty: Righty.

S- Siblings: I am an only child with one step brother who is 27.

T-Time you wake up: When I have to work, I wake up at 5:00 p.m. When I am off, I wake up with my hubby at 5:00 a.m. I know TWO complete opposite schedules and my body feels every bit of it!! I can't finish my degree soon enough.

U-Underwear: Aerie by American Eagle; Victoria's Secret

V-Veggies you dislike: Do we have all day to make a list that long?? Here's some to list a few: Most beans, onions, beets, carrots, tomatoes... and many many more!
This is soooooo me!!

W-What makes you run late: Me hitting snooze a million times. No one's fault but my own... its just the fact that my bed hold on to me TIGHT!


X-X-rays you've had: Teeth (I had a head gear, braces, retainers, etc.) Ankle (old cheerleading injury) Chest (I have asthma) Back (cheerleading injury)

Y-Yummy food you make: I love to cook so I like to think that everything I make is YUMMY! But my husbands favorite dish I make is my homemade lasagna.

Z-Zoo animal: I like the monkeys!! They are so darn cute!


{{My favorite things!}}

My sweet husband!
This is us at a Birthday party two weeks ago
My Sweet Jordie
.She LOVES the camera and posing

Traveling
  I love, love, love to travel!!! I think I get it from my father. He owns properties around the world including his most recent purchase in China!!! I'm actually going to California next month.... Can't wait! LOVE Cali. 

Cheerleading
This is a picture of two of my best high school buddies and I our senior year.
Cheerleading has always been a big part of my life. It all started when I was 4, one of my mom's friend asked if I would be the mascot- youngest cheerleader not the animal in a costume of the cheer squad that she coached. I cheered from then until my senior year of high school. Then continued as a coach for an Allstar competition squad until last year when I started working nightshift at the hospital. I currently work for a company that contracts tryout judges and clinic coaches so I still have a little taste of heaven every now and then. I hope to pick up coaching again when I start teaching *crosses fingers*.
You can find more of my favorite things in a previous post here.

In other news... for those of you who have been following my blog... 
You remember the Substitute position I applied for in June (say what??? It's August)? Well I FINALLY heard back from them... and I GOT IT!!! Whoop whoop! This is amazing news because I would absolutely LOVE to work for this school system when I am finished with school. Also... I have training for another school system next week, so that makes a total of THREE school systems that I am officially on the sub list for. I couldn't be happier! 

6 comments:

Mrs. Goodwin said...

Love your little doggie. Best wishes with your subbing jobs.

ilive2learnilove2grow 

Jess said...

Mrs. Goodwin... Thanks so much. She keeps me on my toes, that's for sure! Im so excited to be subbing.. you just don't understand!

Jess

Unknown said...

Your dog is adorable! Congrats on your new sub position :)

Jess said...

Thanks so much Miss Pasqua! Im so excited!

msjonesjunction said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your dog is so cute! Congrats on the job!! I'm your newest follower!
Crystal
Ms. Jones’ Junction

Kelli said...

enjoyed reading about you! congrats on the sub jobs! I have found subbing to be such an interesting experience. Bring a notebook so you can take notes on ideas you like/dislike!

I'm your newest follower!

Kelli
Tales From a Traveling Teacher

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave the link to your own page so that I can visit you too!

TBA
 
Twitter Bird Gadget